Under His Wings
Next class begins Monday, in June 2017
Please check back and watch the church bulletins in April 2017 for sign up information.
The men in our lives are exposed daily to sexual temptations. Has your husband fallen into the world of pornography and secret sin? Are you overwhelmed, angry or fearful because of it? There is hope and our hope is in Jesus Christ! Join other women experiencing the same trials and be encouraged in the midst of the storm.
Under His Wings is a ministry of CCCV Charis Women's Ministry designed to support and encourage women whose lives have been, or are being, affected by men in their lives who are engaged in sexual pornography and secret sin. Throughout the year, we offer a bible study class to encourage and equip women.
1. Introduction/Trusting God (Psalm 91:1-2, 4)
2. Fear (Hebrews 13:6)
3. Anger (Ephesians 4:26)
4. Blame-Shifting (Genesis 3:12-13)
5. Self Control (Proverbs 25:28
6. Bitterness (Hebrews 12:15)
7. Suffering (1Peter 5:10)
8. Forgiveness (Matthew 6:14)
9. Obedience (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
10. Understanding His Struggle/Boundaries (1 John 2:16)
11. Sexual Intimacy/Insecurity (Hebrews 13:4)
12. Trusting God and Living out our Faith (Psalm 18:30)
4. Teaching on Topic
5. Homework Overview
6. Fellowship or open questions and answers
2. “Topic Scripture Feather Index Card” (i.e., tongue, anger, self-control)
3. Additional handouts
What to Expect During your Healing Process
1. It will not happen right away.
2. You will experience stages of emotions.
3.You will be tempted to gossip/share (even with unbelievers).
4. You might be tempted to walk away from God or give up.
5. You will want vengeance at times.
6. You will more than likely become physically, verbally, and emotionally abusive toward your husband.
“For I know the plans that I have for you,” says the Lord, “they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11