Under His Wings
…a Ministry for Hurting Women
Next Class begins Monday, July 14,2014 and runs through October 6, 2014. Register online by clicking on the ECenter icon below, or at the first night of class.
Under His Wings…A Ministry for Hurting Women
The men in our lives are exposed daily to sexual temptations. Has your husband fallen into the world of pornography and secret sin? Are you overwhelmed, angry or fearful because of it? There is hope and our hope is in Jesus Christ! Join other women experiencing the same trials and be encouraged in the midst of the storm.
Under His Wings is a ministry of CCCV Charis Women’s Ministry designed to support and encourage women whose lives have been or are being affected by men in their lives who are engaged in sexual pornography and secret sin.
Material for the course is $15.00, payable by check or cash. ($10.00 for returning attendees)
For more information, please contact Charis Women’s ministry office at 909 464-8255 ext. 273 or email us at email@example.com.
Dates: July 14, 2014 – October 3, 2014 (No meeting on Labor Day)
Location: Calvary Chapel Chino Valley Room #206 (next to chapel)
Time: 7-9pm (please arrive early)
Registration: Click on the ECenter Icon below or at the first night of class
Other Info: Childcare Provided, Contact Charis Office for Late Registration
12-Week Class Topics of Discussion
- 7/14 Introduction/Trusting God (Psalm 91:1-2, 4)
- 7/21 Fear (Hebrews 13:6)
- 7/28 Anger (Ephesians 4:26)
- 8/4 Blame-Shifting (Genesis 3:12-13)
- 8/11 Self Control (Proverbs 25:28)
- 8/18 Bitterness (Hebrews 12:15)
- 8/25 Suffering and God’s Purpose for It (1Peter 5:10)
- 9/1 Labor Day Holiday (No Meeting)
- 9/8 Forgiveness (Matthew 6:14)
- 9/15 Obedience (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
- 9/22 Understanding His Struggle/Boundaries (1 John 2:16)
- 9/29 Sexual Intimacy/Insecurity (Hebrews 13:4)
- 10/6 TRUSTING GOD and Living out our Faith (Psalm 18:30)
- Teaching on Topic
- Homework Overview
- Fellowship or open questions and answers
- “Topic Scripture Feather Index Card” (i.e., tongue, anger, self-control)
- Additional handouts
What to Expect During your Healing Process
- It will not happen right away.
- You will experience stages of emotions.
- You will be tempted to gossip/share (even with unbelievers).
- You might be tempted to walk away from God or give up.
- You will want vengeance at times.
- You will more than likely become physically, verbally, and emotionally abusive toward your husband.
“For I know the plans that I have for you”, says the Lord “they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11