Under His Wings
…a Ministry for Hurting Women
Next Class begins in September, 2013…date TBD. Check back in late August for beginning date.
Under His Wings…A Ministry for Hurting Women
The men in our lives are exposed daily to sexual temptations. Has your husband fallen into the world of pornography and secret sin? Are you overwhelmed, angry or fearful because of it? There is hope and our hope is in Jesus Christ! Join other women experiencing the same trials and be encouraged in the midst of the storm.
Under His Wings is a ministry of CCCV Charis Women’s Ministry designed to support and encourage women whose lives have been or are being affected by men in their lives who are engaged in sexual pornography and secret sin. The classes are two hours in length, running from 7 – 9pm. The meetings are held in room 206. Childcare is provided for this course. Please contact the Charis office for late registration approval.
Materials for the course are $15.00, payable by check or cash. ($10.00 for returning attendees)
For more information, please contact Charis Women’s ministry office at 909 464-8255 ext. 273 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12-Week Class Topics of Discussion
- 9/30 Introduction/Trusting God (Psalm 91:1-2, 4)
- 10/7 Fear (Hebrews 13:6)
- 10/14 Anger (Ephesians 4:26)
- 10/21 Blame-Shifting (Genesis 3:12-13)
- 10/28 Self Control (Proverbs 25:28)
- 11/4 Bitterness (Hebrews 12:15)
- 11/11 Suffering and God’s Purpose for It (1Peter 5:10)
- 11/18 Forgiveness (Matthew 6:14)
- 11/25 Obedience (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
- 12/2 Understanding His Struggle (1 John 2:16)
- 12/9 Sexual Intimacy/Jealousy (Hebrews 13:4)
- 12/16 TRUSTING GOD and Living out our Faith (Psalm 18:30)
- Teaching on Topic
- Homework Overview
- Fellowship or open questions and answers
- “Topic Scripture Feather Index Card” (i.e., tongue, anger, self-control)
- Additional handouts
What to Expect During your Healing Process
- It will not happen right away.
- You will experience stages of emotions.
- You will be tempted to gossip/share (even with unbelievers).
- You might be tempted to walk away from God or give up.
- You will want vengeance at times.
- You will more than likely become physically, verbally, and emotionally abusive toward your husband.