Calvary Chapel Chino Valley Worship Ministry
We all worship something or someone. We all bow down, and serve, and adore the object of our affection. But, what, or who, do we worship? What we worship reveals everything about us, and this affects every aspect of our lives. Why were we created? We were made to worship our Creator, the one true God of the Bible, the Great I AM. Just as Abraham, Moses, Ruth, Mary, Peter, and Paul before us, along with all the hosts of heaven, we join in and bow down, serve, adore, praise, honor, and bring glory to our God, the Father; we lift up the name of God the Son, Jesus Christ our Savior; and we are filled and led by God the Holy Spirit. This is true worship. The Worship Ministry of Calvary Chapel Chino Valley has the honor and privilege of leading the church, the body of Christ, in worship through music; to sing songs of praise, adoration, proclamation, surrender, petition, & thanksgiving to our Gracious, Merciful and Loving Lord.
- Colossians 3:12-17 – “Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”
- The vision for the CCCV Worship Ministry is for us to be an example of Colossians 3:12-17; to be marked above all by love, and to do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, for His glory alone.
- If CCCV is your home fellowship, and if the Lord has placed a desire in your heart to get involved in the CCCV Worship Ministry, we would love to meet you and welcome you into the worship family. We are amazed at the work the Lord is doing at CCCV, and by His grace there are many opportunities to serve in worship, including: CCCV Choir, Children’s Ministry, Committed Young Adult Ministry, Convalescent Ministry, Couples’ Ministry, Courage Ministry, High School Ministry, Jr. High Ministry, Lion Tamers Ministry, Men’s Ministry, Missions Ministry, N.E.W. Man Class, Prayer For Prodigals Meeting, Sanctuary Ministry, Spanish Ministry, Sure Foundation Class, Under His Wings Class, Women’s Ministry, and more…
- We hold auditions several times a year. The purpose of an audition is to get to know you, to hear your heart about loving Jesus, worshipping Him, and serving Him; to assess your musical skills and experience, and to pray together about the next step the Lord would have for you.
- If you would like to get involved, please contact Geri Torres – email@example.com.
Discipleship & Development:
- Growing in our spiritual gifts as well as our musical talents is vital in order to be healthy Christians and faithful worship servants.
- We have two specific events designed to equip and encourage us as worshippers:
- AWAKE Creative Night- Ephesians 5:14-16 – “Therefore He says: ‘Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.’ See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time because the days are evil.”
- We have been called to awaken our gifts and talents for Christ’s glory, to reach the world with His wonderful gospel, and to build up our brothers and sisters in His church.
- AWAKE is a special night for everyone at CCCV with creative talents (Music, Multimedia, Technical Arts) to gather and bring our talents together to glorify Jesus. We spend time together in fellowship, discipleship, worship, and creative training.
- Open to everyone! No application needed.
- Upcoming AWAKE: Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 @ 6:30pm. Check back later for the itinerary and workshop details!
- Worship 101 Course - 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 – “Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.”
- The Worship 101 Course is an 8-week class designed for spiritual discipleship and musical training. The Worship Ministry is unique in that worship servants are very visible to the congregation, using talents that are very admired (and criticized) by people. Satan would love for worship servants to be utterly destroyed, primarily by the sin of pride; and pride comes in different forms. One form is fleshly pride. To be consumed with the adoration of people, to be obsessed with music performance and becoming well-known, to soak in the glory that belongs to Jesus, is fleshly pride. Another form is spiritual pride. To think musical training is unnecessary, that pursuing musical excellence unto the Lord is of the flesh, and to make spiritual excuses to stay lazy and unprepared, is spiritual pride. Both forms of pride are evil and destructive. We are called to run the race to obtain an imperishable crown. We are called to discipleship and training for Jesus’ sake. This is our aim for Worship 101.
- Each class we will have time in prayer, bible study, discussion, Q&A, instrumental workshops, vocal workshops, and music rehearsals.
- Open to those who apply and are accepted.
- We offer the Worship 101 course three times per year (Spring, Fall, & Winter). Class meets on Monday evenings for 8 weeks from 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- To get more information and to apply, please contact Geri Torres – firstname.lastname@example.org.