If you are planning to attend Biola University as a freshman in the fall, consider the Church Matching Scholarship program offered by CCCV and Biola. Church Matching Scholarships are monetary gifts awarded by CCCV and the university to qualifying students. Eligibility requirements differ on behalf of both institutions. Listed below are the requirements for CCCV freshman student applicants. Requirements for Biola University can be found here: https://www.biola.edu/tuition-and-aid/undergrad/scholarships
CCCV Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must comply with the requirements set forth by Biola University
- First year, full-time student newly admitted to Biola
- Graduated with a 3.0 GPA
- Attended CCCV fellowship for the last 5 years
- Verifiable demonstration of regular involvement in church ministry
- Verifiable demonstration of involvement in school activities (ie. ASB, student council, student organizations, etc.)
- Agree to and sign a disclaimer to commit to maintain a 2.5 GPA throughout aid year.
- Candidates must complete a Calvary Chapel Chino Valley Church Matching Scholarship Application.
- Complete an interview with a staff minister.
- Provide at least three personal references not related to applicant, including one pastoral reference.
- 500-600 word statement of purpose explaining the number of years you and/or your family have been attending CCCV, your salvation experience, involvement in school and church ministry, and your goals.
Awardees can receive up to $500 from CCCV and a match of $500 from Biola University, for a total of $1,000 in scholarship. Applications for CCCV are due by Friday, August 31st.