Job Purpose: To coordinate events and perform tasks by providing administrative support to ministry leadership. The secretary’s goal is to ensure that the vision of the ministry overseer is accomplished.
- Maintenance and organization of office area
- Filtering incoming phone calls
- Plan events using timelines/deadlines
- Create and balance budgets
- Submit purchase requests, graphic requests, advertising requests and facility room requests
- Track registrations for specific ministries events
- Communicate with attendees, servants and staff about event information and details
- Create, edit and print advertising and registration materials for bible studies and events
- Communicate with vendors
- Work with various staff (worship/photo/tech arts, etc.) for event and study-related requests, work on handout materials using event theme, update social media posts regularly.
- Work closely with staff minister and non-staff overseer while planning and executing an event
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Critical Skills: This position must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the job or must be able to demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed (with or without reasonable accommodation) using other knowledge, skills and abilities not listed below:
- Time management skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Must be able to multi-task
- Work with internal and external participants
- Capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
- Flexibility, improvisation, and able to problem-solve
- Typing skills of 40WPM or above
- Outlook/Word/Excel/Publisher/Filemaker Pro/Adobe Acrobat competency, plus the ability to learn other software as introduced.
- Minimum education requirement is a high school diploma or some college.
- Minimum years of relevant work experience is 1-2 years
- Preferred education includes: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred work experience: working for a nonprofit organization
- Part time
- Additional hours may be added due to task assignments
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, Calvary Chapel Chino Valley will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.