Marriage 101 Classes are offered to all engaged and married couples who attend Calvary Chapel Chino Valley. We are now accepting applications through Sunday, July 7th. Classes will be held on Sunday evenings beginning July 14th. There is no cost to attend but an approved application is required.
These classes cover topics including:
• Becoming One
• Being a Servant/Leader in the Home
• Being a Follower of Jesus/Submission
• Responsibilities of a Husband/Wife
• True Love/Stewardship
• The Marriage Covenant
• Raising Children
The five weeks of lessons cover biblical principles, include homework and required reading from the book “The Meaning of Marriage” by Timothy Keller.
Married couples, who did not attend premarital classes or have recently committed their lives to Jesus Christ and would like instruction in Christian marriage, are welcome to attend these classes that cover biblical principles for Christian marriages.
Calvary Chapel Chino Valley requires that all engaged couples requesting to be married by one of our Ministers have as prerequisite the following:
1. Submit a completed application.
2. Meet with one of our Ministers for a brief interview prior to being accepted into the Marriage 101 Classes.
3. Complete the 5-week marriage classes.
4. Received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
5. Regularly attend Calvary Chapel Chino Valley and consider this their home fellowship.
Please note for engaged couples: Performance of marriage ceremonies is an accommodation to the fellowship, not an obligation. It is understood that entering into the marriage classes is not an agreement of approval to be married here. After completion of all five classes, and only after, will permission be given by a Minister to be married at Calvary Chapel Chino Valley. CCCV is not obligated to meet any wedding date set prior to classes being completed.
Classes are normally offered three times per year. Applications are available at the Gazebo or church office, and also online, when we are planning the next class. Please feel free to pick one up. There is no cost to attend.